Every design house has its own take on where fashion and beauty looks are headed.
But there is one standout prediction and that is the use of striking red lipstick which was seen at all the major shows and is favoured by DKNY, Celine, Nina Ricci, Oscar De La Renta, Topshop Unique, Giles, Acne, Victoria Beckham and Dolce & Gabbana.
Candy Apple and Snow White Apple Red are the recommended colours by Harpers Bazaar. Mind you, at New York fashion week both Oscar de La Renta and Victoria Beckham sent out their models with half and half – half with striking red lips and half with nude tones. So you can take your pick according to your mood as there is a choice on the horizon.
Red needs to be applied with complete precision, there is nothing forgiving about this colour. As with all the looks of the season, they can all be achieved to a professional level with Nanshy lip brushes.
Other looks that are prominent runners for Spring 2016 are:
- Emanuel Ungaro has shown us that faux freckles is a look to think about.
- Louis Vuitton favours an exaggerated lash look.
- Chloe favours applying black liner around the eye with a natural hair texture.
- Balmain favours makeup that is pared-back but featuring strong brows and contouring.
- The Dolce&Gabbana look leans towards luminous skin, soft feline eyes and plump lips – that are in striking red!
- Prada has really gone out by delivering Gold lips for the Spring 2016 season. One to watch.
- Moschino played with feline flicks of liquid liner and soft brown lips.
- Isabel Marant gave us a bare-faced with radiant complexion that is pro cleansed before applying oils for a balmy glow.
Finally, the eye colour used by almost everyone was blue – a colour to keep in mind for 2016.
Happy New Year!