“This magic tool is the key to glowing, firmer skin.”
Metal Gua Sha is an ancient Chinese massage therapy tool that has been used for centuries to help relieve tension in the muscles of the face and body, boost blood circulation and lymphatic drainage to reduce puffiness and inflammation. It helps calming the nervous system, increasing the flow of oxygen and vital nutrients to the skin. The gua massage tool helps those prone to migraines and headaches to address stagnant energy or ‘chi’ in the body. (More info at Healthline.com)
Why would you choose stainless steel Gua Sha?
- Anti-bacterial – As opposed to jade and rose quartz, stainless steel is non-porous, which prevents bacteria build-up that can transfer to your skin
- Durable – it will last forever as oppose to the Jade or Rose Quartz gua shas that easily break if dropped.
- Eco-friendly – 100% recyclable, made with recycled material.
- Self-cooling – Naturally cold to the touch, you don’t even need to put it in the freezer
How to Use a Gua Sha:
For best results, use 5 minutes daily on freshly cleansed skin or with your favourite serum, oil or moisturiser. In the morning, it’s about treating puffiness and energizing the skin, while at night you work more on relaxing the muscles and releasing tight connective tissue. Glide the gua sha upward and outward along the contours of the face and neck. You can also use a gua sha on your body and scalp.
- Prep your skin. Wash that beautiful face of yours! You want a clean face before you start gua sha massage.
- Apply your favourite oil/ serum to freshly cleansed skin to provide proper slip and infuse nutrients into skin.
>Never use on bare skin.<
- Place the tool flat onto your skin (not the thin side).
- Always use light to medium pressure and glide the tool evenly and slowly on your face rather than fast and harsh.