If you’re getting ready for the International Makeup Artists Trade Show (IMATS), chances are you’ve already started planning what to take. If you’ve never been before, however, you might miss some essential items off your list, so we’ve put together this handy guide on what to take with you. Here are our top 10 most important items to make sure you don’t leave home without:
What to take
- Tickets: Sounds obvious, right? But really, check you’ve got your tickets in hand before you leave the house, because there will be no amount of begging on the doorstep that will get you in if you don’t!
- Comfy shoes: We can’t stress this enough. You are going to be on your feet, all day long. You’ll be walking the exhibitions, standing in line and rushing between workshops all day, so ditch those heels for something more foot friendly.
- Cross body bag: Don’t be tempted to take a massive bag with you; pretty much all the exhibitors will have funky shopping bags for you to use for your haul. Just bring a small cross body bag, big enough for your purse and camera, so those two essential items are always close at hand!
- Cash: Cash is faster, helps you budget better, and sometimes it’s the only option too. Some stands will not have card machines, and even when they do the Wi-Fi can sometimes play up making cash the only option.
- Camera: You’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to photos. From incredible make-up demos to colourful product displays, there are plenty of photo opportunities so go with a clear SD card, a full battery and maybe even a charger, just in case.
- Make-up wipes: Trust us, you’ll be trying on a lot of make-up at the show, so bring something to wipe it off with if you don’t want to walk round looking like a crazy clown! Tissues will do, but make-up wipes are even better.
- Snacks: There are some food stalls at IMATS London, but they are expensive, and tend to have even bigger queues than the YSL stand! Rather than waste time queueing, bring your own healthy snacks and bottled water to keep you going through the day.
- Business cards: If you’re a blogger, a retailer, a vlogger or a small business of any kind, make sure you bring a stack of business cards to IMATS with you. There will be so many opportunities to network with other likeminded people, you’ll want to make sure they remember your name.
- Floorplan: Get familiar with the floor plan before you go, and bring the map with you on the day too. You’ll need to know who is where, and where you need to be for your planned workshops, talks and demonstrations.
- A friend: Take a buddy to IMATS if you can, and you’ll be glad you did. There is a whole lot of queueing to do during the day, from getting into the show to getting to the exhibitor stands. Having a friend with you can make this a little less boring, plus you get some opinions on those crazy eyeshadow colours you’ve been lusting after.
We reckon if you’ve got these 10 crucial things with you when you arrive at IMATS in London, you’re set up for a pretty awesome day out! Don’t forget to come and see Nanshy on stand 310, and to bring your £5 off voucher, which you can print out right here on the website.