One of the questions that get asked frequently around this time of year is: ‘how should I do my makeup for valentine’s day?’ So I thought I would put together a guide to answer that exact question! Valentine’s day is a day to be celebrated, whether you’re out with your partner for the night, in or out with the girls, or spending time with your family. We get few chances over the year to really dress up, so I say grab it with both hands and have fun with your look this Valentine.
Hopefully, now you’re feeling excited for valentine’s day, and thinking about the look you might go for if so read on to find out exactly what’s on trend for your ideal valentines makeup look,
Table of Contents
This Valentine’s all about going for a soft and feminine look, that’s really pretty and subtly striking. Past years a more vampy look has been favoured for the evening, with thick false lashes and a Hollywood glam red lip, but this year opting for a softer more girly look is ideal for the occasion.
Think pastel pinks, soft bronzes and golds, as well as taupes and soft shimmer. Thick feminine soft lashes are ideal, as well as subtle contouring with pink flushed cheeks.
How To create makeup for valentine’s day…
So now you know all about the ideal look for valentines it’s time to put it into practice and create your ideal makeup for valentine’s day, here’s how:
What you’ll need:
- Semi-sheer foundation
- Mid-tone bronzer, one that’s quite warm
- Peach blush
- Gold shadow
- Taupe shadow
- Natural looking false lashes
- Pale pink lipstick
- Powder brush
- Blusher brush
- Eyeshadow brush
- Eyelash curlers
What to do:
- Prep your skin by applying primer to your face and neck after you’ve cleansed and moisturised.
- Next, apply foundation either using your fingers or with a foundation brush, this look is soft so just apply a little where you need it most. (FREE GUIDE: How to use Flat Top Foundation Brush?)
- Pat on concealer under your eyes, in the corners of your nose and on any blemishes, this look is all about clear and dewy skin.
- Using a powder brush lightly brush powder over your face, applying only a little so as not to completely mattify your skin.
- Next lightly contour your face using your mid-tone bronzer. Apply with a contour brush to the hollows of your cheeks, under your chin, down the sides of your nose and across your forehead. Then apply a little blush to the apples of your cheeks.
- Move onto your eyes. Take an eyebrow brush and comb your brows up and then brush into place. Pat on a little Vaseline to keep in place.
- Take your eyeshadow brush and dip it into your gold shadow, sweep it across your lid and work into the inner corner of your eyes. Next, apply the taupe shadow to the crease of your eye and underneath the eye along the lower lash line until around the middle of the eye. Join the up the crease with the lower lash line by creating a slight winged effect, bringing the shadow together on the outer corner of the eye.
- Curl your lashes and sweep over your mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- Next, apply your lashes, cut them down a little if they are too big so they fit your eyes. Apply the glue to the lashes and leave it 20 seconds to go tacky, then carefully apply to your lash line. Add a sweep of mascara to blend with your natural lashes when they are glued in place.
- Apply your lipstick, blot and repeat three times, then pat on a little Vaseline.
Team the Look With…
Soft curls or waves are ideal for this look, as well as a half up does. Finish off with a spritz of hairspray to keep your look in place for the night ahead.